Why should I have a school lunch?
- School meals are freshly prepared each day and contain lots of vitamins and nutrients.
- There is a lot of choice on the menu every day - which will help stop you being bored of eating the same food!
- Your school lunch refuels your body giving you the energy to cope with your school day.
- Your school lunch is prepared with healthy, fresh ingredients, which are good for your mind and your body and help you to grow.
- You can eat with your friends - which is good fun and gives you the chance to catch up with them over the lunch break.
- You school lunch will help you stay healthy!
- Don't miss out!
Manchester Fayre school menus
Your child can choose a main meal and a dessert from one of these 'food stations':
- Pasta point: from pasta bows and twirls to spaghetti or rice, served with various sauces.
- Sandwich station: offering a range of bread rolls and wraps with a choice of tasty fillings.
- Spud spot: jacket potatoes with a choice of hot and cold fillings.
- Cook's choice: serving popular and traditional dishes like fish pie, curry and rice, and homemade pizzas.
- The Burrito Bar: a nutritious hot sandwich meal designed for children to pick up, eat, and enjoy.
If your child needs a special diet for medical reasons, please discuss this with the Headteacher.
Dinner money is collected on Monday mornings, please pay this at the office or send it in an envelope marked with your child's name and class.
PLEASE COULD ALL DINNER MONEY BE PAID AT THE SCHOOL OFFICE ON MONDAY MORNINGS.
THE PRICE OF A SCHOOL MEAL IS £2.30 A DAY, £11.50 A WEEK.
IF YOUR CHILD HAS ACCRUED A DEBT OF MORE THAN £30 THEN WE WILL BE UNABLE TO PROVIDE ANY MORE MEALS UNTIL THE DEBT IS PAID IN FULL.
Manchester City Council
Food in schools
Food Standards Agency
Department for Education and Skills
Caroline Walker Trust
5 A Day
School Food Trust
A Guide to the Nutrition-Based Standards and Food-based Standards -http://www.schoolfoodtrust.org.uk/doc_item.asp?DocId=67&DocCatId=9