Why should I have a school lunch?
- School meals are freshly prepared each day and contain lots of vitamins and nutrients.
- There is a lot of choice on the menu every day - which will help stop you being bored of eating the same food!
- Your school lunch refuels your body giving you the energy to cope with your school day.
- Your school lunch is prepared with healthy, fresh ingredients, which are good for your mind and your body and help you to grow.
- You can eat with your friends - which is good fun and gives you the chance to catch up with them over the lunch break.
- You school lunch will help you stay healthy!
- Don't miss out!
Find out what's on today's menu at your child's school along with details of all the latest news, promotions and competitions.
If your child needs a special diet for medical reasons, please discuss this with the Headteacher.
Dinner money is collected on Monday mornings, please pay this at the office or send it in an envelope marked with your child's name and class.
Is your Child Entitled to a Free School Meal?
You can found out more about free school meals here.
If you think you may be entitled to free meals please ask for a form at the office, alternatively you can apply HERE.
PLEASE COULD ALL DINNER MONEY BE PAID AT THE SCHOOL OFFICE ON MONDAY MORNINGS.
THE PRICE OF A SCHOOL MEAL IS £2.20 A DAY, £11.00 A WEEK.
IF YOUR CHILD HAS ACCRUED A DEBT OF MORE THAN £30 THEN WE WILL BE UNABLE TO PROVIDE ANY MORE MEALS UNTIL THE DEBT IS PAID IN FULL.
Manchester City Council
Food in schools
Food Standards Agency
Department for Education and Skills
Caroline Walker Trust
5 A Day
School Food Trust
A Guide to the Nutrition-Based Standards and Food-based Standards -http://www.schoolfoodtrust.org.uk/doc_item.asp?DocId=67&DocCatId=9